Probably, every girl experienced unsuccessful hair dyeing, who at least once decided to change the natural color of the strands. If you are faced with this problem for the first time and do not know what to do, take advantage of some useful recommendations from Novate.ru.
If “natural light brown” or “golden blonde” is written on the packaging with paint, this does not mean at all that after dyeing your hair will acquire just such a tone. It all depends on many factors: the natural shade of the curls, the oxidizer used, the paint manufacturer, and so on. Alas, many ignore these points, resulting in burnt straw instead of blond and mahogany instead of dark chocolate. If this situation has happened to you, do not be upset prematurely and do not panic. The problem can be solved. The main thing is to know how.
Reasons for unsuccessful painting
If you choose the wrong color, your hair can turn green. / Photo: shpilki.net
Everything here is purely individual, but the most common reasons may be the following:
• incorrect selection of dye – for example, for gray hair, only products with 100% gray coverage are suitable;
• non-observance of the exposure time of the composition on the hair;
• paint of poor quality or expired;
• wrong choice of shade;
• mistakes made during discoloration;
• staining after applying henna.
Tip 1: Rinse pigment at home
The mask with lemon brightens the hair. / Photo: ladywow.ru
If you are generally happy with the color but would like to tone it down, try home remedies such as deep cleansing shampoos. They wash away some of the pigment and muffle the color.
There are several more options that will help you hold out before going to the master:
• shampoo with sulfates – usually these products are not recommended for use by people who have done staining, as they strongly wash out the color. However, in your case, this ability for deep cleansing will only be a plus – it will turn out to quickly wash out the unloved color;
• coloring balms – you should not expect a long-term effect from these funds, they are enough for a maximum of three to four days. But if you dyed your hair on the eve of an important event and you urgently need to change the color in order to shine at the event, then the balm will not be superfluous;
• toning shampoo – is a real lifesaver for both blondes and brunettes. The first helps to neutralize yellowness, the second – to remove the red tide.
Toning shampoo helps to remove yellowness. / Photo: vplate.ru
Separately, it is worth highlighting homemade masks for washing hair dye. There are a great many of them, you just need to choose the one that suits your curls:
• mask with lemon juice – to prepare the product, you will need the juice of one lemon, the pulp of one apple, a spoonful of melted honey and olive oil. All ingredients must be mixed together until a homogeneous mass is obtained, and then applied to the hair along the entire length. Leave the mixture for two hours, then rinse thoroughly with warm water;
• mask based on kefir – is one of the best means for removing unwanted pigment. In addition, the fermented milk product has a number of other advantages: the biologically active bacteria that make up its composition strengthen hair, restore damaged areas, and heal microcracks formed on the skin. To prepare the mask, you only need a liter of low-fat kefir. Apply it to your hair, distribute it over the entire length, wrap your head in a bag and towel to create a greenhouse effect. You need to wash off the kefir mask after two hours;
• castor oil mask – this ingredient not only brightens the strands, but also restores and nourishes the damaged hair structure and strengthens the shaft. To prepare a healing mask, take three yolks, 4 tablespoons of oil, mix together and apply to the hair along the entire length, avoiding the roots. Wrap with a towel and leave for 40 minutes. After the time has passed, wash off with warm water and shampoo.
Tip 2: create a personalized tint care
Personalized tint care from Color Craft. / Photo: paulmitchell.ru
This advice will come in handy if the result turned out to be exactly the opposite – you liked the color that turned out, but after washing your hair, not a trace of it remained or the shade has changed a lot. This often happens if the pigment did not penetrate well enough into the hair structure (you did not keep the composition on your hair enough, bought a too weak oxidizer, and so on).
In this situation, you should not immediately sign up for re-staining, because at least two weeks should pass between these procedures. Try tinted conditioners. Your best bet is to ask a colorist to create a personalized tint for you that combines multiple color pigments, such as from Color Craft. To achieve the desired result, it will need to be used several times a week. Do not forget about delicate shampoos and thermal protective agents, because only complete care can preserve the brightness of the shade for a long time.
Tip 3: do not try to repaint yourself
Self-staining will not help you achieve the desired results.
If the previous options did not fit or there is no strength to walk with this hair color, there is only one way out – to change the shade again. However, this should only be done in the salon. Once you have already decided to change your image without resorting to the help of a hairdresser, and this is what came of it. Therefore, you should not try to fix the situation yourself.
The first thing to do is to tell the master in detail about the last dyeing: what dye and oxidized was used, how much was kept on the hair, and so on. If you have changed your hair color before, share this information as well, because the pigment can remain in the depths of the cuticle. When mixed with a new dye, the result is difficult to predict, so don’t hide your previous appearance experiments from the hairdresser. You don’t want to get yellow hair instead of blonde?
Tip 4: Trust the Master
The hairdresser will be able to choose the optimal color for dyeing. / Photo: bestlj.ru
A hairdresser will find a way out of any situation, even a critical one. The main questions are how quickly he will do it, and what funds will be needed to complete the procedure. The answers to them depend directly on what kind of staining was. If the first – there will be one strategy, if not – another. The hardest part comes with saturated colors, for example, black or red. In this case, the hairdresser will first need to use deep cleaning products to soften the shade, and then proceed with a new coloring.
Tip 5: Restore your hair
Keraplasty restores healthy appearance to hair. / Photo: pinterest.ru
It’s one thing when your hair isn’t the shade you dreamed of. But it is completely different if, after the staining procedure, the curls turned into a washcloth. There may be several reasons for this outcome: the dye was overexposed, the condition of the hair before dyeing was unsatisfactory, there was an individual reaction to the dye, and so on. In any case, the hair needs to be restored.
At the moment, there are a large number of salon procedures that can restore even the most hopeless strands. In particular, keraplasty is very popular, as it is the fastest and most powerful way to restore hair. Keratin protein in a short time reconstructs their structure, restores elasticity, strength, density. Another advantage of the procedure is its cumulative effect.
If you go to a specialist, do not listen to 7 harmful tips given by employees of beauty salons in the hope of frequent customers